The following are the Goals the group has included in their application:
- Plant Trees and Perennials for improved curb appeal of our streets.
- Artist paintings of murals at the gateway to Uptown.
- Community outreach and education.
- Regular clean -n -sweeps of the entire Uptown Neighborhood.
- Encourage urban green living & sustainability.
Here is the breakdown of how the 50K will be used:
$27,500 Trees, Perennials,Supplies, Landscaping services
$3,500 Brochures, Fliers for Community Outreach & Education
$10,000 Artist Mural Paintings
$3,000 Uptown Neighborhood Banners
$3,000 Street Cleanups and Signs
Volunteering your time in your Neighborhood or any other project is time consuming and not all Citizens do it. So this is a small request to do some Community service and help this group out by giving them a BIG BOOST and vote for this project and also send out the link to everyone in your Address Book and ask them to do the same on a daily basis to make this a successful effort! Paste it on your Facebook page also. REMEMBER.....this voting segment ends on December 31st!